I'm 9 weeks pregnant with twins and currently unemployed. We could really use the money, but I'm already starting to show and I'd only be working until November when I go on bedrest. Should I try to get a job?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:57 PM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes. An employer can't turn you down because of a pregnancy.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 10:59 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• yes. They can't not hire you because of pregnancy.
    Just don't volunteer the information
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 11:00 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• How could you possibly know that you will have to be on bed rest in November??? If you need the income try to find a job that allows you to be off your feet if that is what your doctor advises, easier to work now than to pay daycare for newborn twins later. You can set some money aside working now for future expenses to make things easier on yourself after they arrive
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:00 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• You can try substituting or baby sitting or pet sitting. That will bring in extra cash =0)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:13 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I think as long as you find a job that suits your needs, both for income and for your health you should be fine, you may also try working from home
    Cheapsk8mom

Answer by Cheapsk8mom at 11:13 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• nine weeks and you know it's twins ? That is such bs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• actually, 10:15, a lot of women get ultrasounds done at 6 or 8 weeks to make sure things are going ok... and since i culd plainly see my daughter in my 6 week US, im pretty sure a doctor could see TWINS in one as well.... get your facts straight.... the whole "already showing" at 9 weeks is harder to beleive....
    bananaapplepie

Answer by bananaapplepie at 11:19 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Let me clarify. By 'showing' I mean the only pants that I can sit down in are maternity pants. I was skinny to begin with and though I'm not sporting a huge bump or anything, I'm definitely changing shape already. And yes, we have confirmed by ultrasound twice now and are definitely having twins.
    sixstringkate

Answer by sixstringkate at 11:24 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• you could try a part-time job just a few days a wk.
    nattie123

Answer by nattie123 at 9:19 PM on Aug. 21, 2009