I'm 9 weeks pregnant with twins and having trouble eating the amount of food I need. Any suggestions?

I had very mild morning sickness for a little while, but this is different. I wake up at night because I'm so hungry (after eating a full second dinner right before bed!) Anytime I don't eat as soon as I feel hungry, I get nauseous with additional stomach pains because I'm so hungry! Has anyone (twins or not!) had any experience with this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:02 PM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• go for protein and fluids-- so a yogurt and some juice
    here even better idea-- even if you are not into all natural child birth get Dr Bradley's book and read the chapter on diet it addresses hyperemesis
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 11:07 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• At this point just eat whatever you can stomach. If you're having problems with the vitamins, try kids just to get some in you and ask your doc if they can prescribe you something. Sometimes they can't if you have another medical condition, but you need to stay healthy. I'm not sure how it is with twins, but with most healthy pregnancies the baby will take as much as they need and it's you that will be unhealthy and weak.
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 11:09 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• yes crap is protein isn't it, good one staceynoel
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• they can tell at 9 weeks it's twins? Why would they even suspect twins? Why would they even do an ultrasound to look. I think this is bs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• It seems to me that if simply "eating crap" weren't a problem, this question probably wouldn't have been asked...
    Anonymous

• Excuse me? I've had two ultrasounds at this point and we monitored two very healthy heartbeats each time. I'm not sure what kind of doctors you go to but you may want to reevaluate the level of care you have been receiving. This is a legitimate question, and if you don't have a legitimate answer than there is no need to add to the discussion, thank you very much.
    sixstringkate

Answer by sixstringkate at 11:18 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Whatever Anon. I had an ultrasound early with all of my pregnancies due to high risk. If you have a good doctor they will do one. If you have more than one baby in there, you will see a black circle with each egg growing in it. Haven't you ever seen Jon & Kate +8? How about us not being beaches and just trying to help each other LOL What kind of a loser goes on a website and talks bad about people. Get a life!
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 11:21 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• hey look its 1015 again... read this lady's other q to get my opinion...

i agree with the kiddo vitamins, just try to stomach what u can...
    bananaapplepie

Answer by bananaapplepie at 11:21 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Try eating smaller portions more often, so that you always have a little something on your stomach. It's important to make sure you are getting enough protien, but if you snack on yogurt, low fat cheese, and nuts you should be okay. I ate a lot of soy, although now they are saying maybe we shouldn't...it helped a lot. Silken tofu is unnoticable in a fruit smoothie, but adds a little bit of extra protien, and mixed with instant pudding instead of milk makes a pretty good mousse. If you would like any other ideas or snack recipies, pm and I am happy to forward them. Congratulations on your blessings
    Cheapsk8mom

Answer by Cheapsk8mom at 11:25 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• With this pregnancy I have experienced the neaseousness from being hungry and found that eating toast helps alot! Not only did it settle my stomach but it kept the hunger off longer.
    MyTrinity

Answer by MyTrinity at 11:34 PM on Aug. 13, 2009