Ok well i spoke to my doc about me wanting to give birth another hospital and it didn't go well. He told me that if thats my choice to go ahead but in the future he wouldn't be able to see me. He seem upset and made me upset because i'm not trying to hurt his feelings. I just don't like the hosptital he works out of. I feel so depressed and i'm stressing really bad and maybe i shouldn't be. Any advice?

latinamom94

Asked by latinamom94 at 11:07 PM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Dont stress mama. Did he offer you any other option? Maybe he could promise u a private room the whole time u are there or something. But to tell u the truth he is not a very good doc if he is making u feel like that and I would do what is best for u. Dont stress it will only make things worse. You do what u have to do and u will have a beautiful healthy baby. good luck
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 11:11 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• do not be upset medicine is a business- they are not out for what is best for you but what is best for their business-- You do what is best for you and your baby--
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 11:11 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Find another doctor
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:13 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I completely relate! My last pregnancy I loved the doc and the nurses working there are horrible! Had such a bad experience with them. During Labor and Delivery he broke my water and checked on me, but those ladies took an hour and a half to get my IV in, missed the vein and shot it into my arm, took it out and still had to have someone else come and do it. Then, when it was time and I'm screaming for an epidural they wouldn't even call anyone until the drip was done. He got up there to do it and I was already pushin' baby out.

I chose this hospital now and they never hurt when poking me and soo much better facilities, but I can't stand any of the docs!

I have no idea what to do next time, but I think if you live in a place where you have options, it's smart to do interviews with different docs to find where you're the most comfortable. You can also stop and check out the L&D rooms too.
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 11:17 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I am sorry you feel bad...but you need to deliver where you will be the best cared for, to ensure that you and your newborn are safe. That said, why don't you like his hospital? If a private room would solve the issue, that is a great idea, or have you heard about something that is much more serious than scenery? You may find another hospital that you prefer, who can direct you to a doctor you are comfortable with. I really didn't care about my surroundings, as long as I had my Dr. He is wonderful, but I also overheard him talking about hard times during my last pregnancy, so your Dr. may have slipped up in showing you his frustration, but he is only human, let things calm down and then decide what the right choice for you is, then commit and make it happen. I wish you a happy safe delivery!
    Cheapsk8mom

Answer by Cheapsk8mom at 11:18 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Go where you want to go& don't worry about him, he's not part of your life really don't stress hime do what you want & if he gets offened well that's his problem I'm sure he's not worried about you look out for yourself
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• So does choosing a new hospital mean choosing a new doctor? How far along are you? Some docotors won't take a new patient padt first 12 weeks. Of course, if you have a new docotor ready, go ahead and switch. Your old doctor will live. On a side note, my OB almost didn't make it to my delivery. The on call docotor was there for most of it, and he was great (I did have some complications too) So, this could happen to anyone. If your regular doc doesn't make it , you want to be some where that you'll feel confident the staff doctor will get your files, understand them, and get your baby delivered safely! good luck.
    whirlygirl

Answer by whirlygirl at 11:28 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• He is your employee mama. You hired him to do a job. I sure wouldn't have anyone on staff that tried to make me feel bad. He may not have rights at that hospital, and you will probably need to find another doc. I had to find one at 37 weeks last pregnancy, but I did it.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 11:40 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• if you're pretty far along i can see why he's not happy. But you do have the right to change. I'd call a practice with midwives and physicians. Usually practices with midwives are very accommodating to moms. Blessings for baby momma!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I agree with finding another doctor. You need to feel comfortable where you have the baby or you will be stressed out the whole time you're in labor. And that can lead to your body shutting down and not progressing normally. And THAT can lead to issue and possibly a c-section. Do what feels right to you and if that means going to that other hospital, then by all means go with that. Don't let him make your feel bad.
    NDFanatik

Answer by NDFanatik at 12:07 AM on Aug. 14, 2009