Is it wrong for me to say "I love you so much too"?

I broke up with him the other day and tonight he txted me "I love you and I am sorry about all of this. I wish we could be together" so I told him "I love you too. Have a fun trip" he wrote me back and said "I will call you before I go. I love you so much" and I told him "Okay. I love you so much too"

I havent changed my mind but I do love him so much and I was just expressing it to him so he know. Was I wrong? I dont want him to think that we are back together.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:18 PM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• Yes, that is wrong to say if you don't want to get back together. What the heck does it even mean if you love someone but you don't want to be with them. That's not love.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Normally I think honesty is the best thing, but if you don't want to get back together, this may be misleading. It depends on what he is expecting.
    kikikiki

Answer by kikikiki at 11:20 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I once dated a guy who thought that you could over say it. He thought that it would be more special if we only said it on special occasions. The guy I'm with now says it all the time. I think that when relationships are new and your comfortable saying it, you say it more. But once the newness wears off you say it less....I love hearing it from him and I love saying it. But sometimes it does get kinda old.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 11:21 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I want to be with him but he needs to quit drinking first. It doesnt change the way I feel about him though. I broke up with him for that one reason and he knows that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• you are giving mixed messages. It's confusing. Either break up or stay together but don't break up and keep telling him you love him. He will think you are changing your mind. When he says it just let it go.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:23 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• It's kind of leading him on...
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 11:29 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• if i were him and you text me that i would think..hey i still have a shot with this girl..honesty is great, but..not if u dont want to be back with him..your only gonna give him false hope :(
    Eveshalloween

Answer by Eveshalloween at 11:34 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I dont want to give him false hope but I want to give him hope that if he quits drinking then maybe we can be together again.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 PM on Aug. 13, 2009