i'm pregnant with gaul stones! help!

Does anyone know what I can do or eat to make it better? If you've been through this what did you eat? It really sucks because I never know what to eat just about everything hurts me and makes me sick so any advice and ideas..... Please.

heartfrommyson

Asked by heartfrommyson at 11:21 PM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• you have to stay away from anything greasy or fatty. Try webmd.com
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Low fat, it's been years since I had mine out so I can't remember everything, but I agree with the anon, check out WebMD or just google gall stones (not trying to be the spelling police, but it's gall, not gaul). It can and does make a difference, and I do remember that pain :(
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 12:45 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I was diagnosed with gall stones (not gaul) at 24 weeks in my first pregnancy and had to wait til I was 37 weeks to be induced so that I could have surgery 3 days later. Your gall bladder is only used to process fat so if you dont eat fat, then you shouldnt have flare ups.

Stick to a no fat diet, its VERY hard but its better than going through that pain! When were you diagnosed? How many do you have?
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 1:22 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• i wasn't pregnant when i had gall stones but shortly after. no fatty foods, like the previous posts said and i think they told me to stay away from spicy foods and possibly caffeine? ( i don't really remember that well because i didn't know i had the stones til it was too late and ended up having emergency surgery so i was pretty much out of it)
    r_elizabeth2290

Answer by r_elizabeth2290 at 2:49 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• wow, I can very much say I know what you are going through.. I had gall stone flare ups with my first pregnancy and that is the worst pain I have EVER felt!! I would def suggest trying to stay away from fatty foods as much as possible and if you can do that then keep some anti acids near you all the time. I found that milk helped my flare ups ( dono why). My doc didnt figure out i had gallstones til after I had my son. I hope you can find some relief and I pray that you dont have too many flare ups!!
    Cameolynn

Answer by Cameolynn at 1:56 PM on Aug. 14, 2009