how do other people w/twins get them to bed at night?

nattie123

Asked by nattie123 at 11:21 PM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• A friend of mine had triplets and she would do one, daddy would do one and her mother would do one.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 11:23 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Not 100% sure what you are asking...but here is how I done it....My hubby works night shift so from the day we brough them home I am alone 5 nights a week at bedtime. When they were little I would put them both in their swings until they went to sleep. I always made sure they had a clean diaper and fed them the last bottle of the night in the swing (this was at the age when they didnt need to be burped after meals). Now that they are three, I bathe them and do the usual night routine and then lay them both on the couch unti they are asleep then move them into their beds.
    t_06_twins

Answer by t_06_twins at 11:25 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Oh boy, I don't know what I would have done without dh. Our twins were premie so we had them on 4 hour feedings. They had to take a medicine for reflux and another one to help them digest the formula. These had to be given 30 min. before eating. Then we had to get at least 3 oz into them because they were so small. That took forever. So we were basically running on 2 to 2 1/2 hours sleep. By the time they got big enough to not need the night-time feedings they had lousy sleep habits. So we took turns trying to get them to sleep. They didn't sleep well until they were close to 3.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 12:35 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I don't have twins but I used to nanny for twin infants.

I would give them a bath, put on diapers and jammies. Feed them a bottle and put them down. Sometimes they would fuss a little but if they cried I went back in the room to comfort them. The mother had a no CIO rule.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I got one of the womb sound bears from wal mart, which is a life saver. I lay DS in the crib first (he usually falls right to sleep). THen I play with DD for a few minutes, which is the only way I can get her to sleep, then layher next to DS. They sleep better when together. I stay by the crib till both are alseep, then enjoy my night.
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 1:02 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• M twinkies are well trained! I've had them on a schedule since I brought them home. Naps at noon, bedtime at 7 (give or take a half an hour here or there.) But if it's 7:30, they are both waiting by the gate to go up the stairs to bed! No joke.

It's basicly just consistancy ... set a time and stick to it. Put them to bed, let them cry it out ... (if they are older and not used to it, the crying it out stage may last awhile.) But if you stick to it and announce "Bedtime" ... they'll get the picture.
    It alsi helped to have a bedtime 'ritual'. With my oldest, he would get a bath and a lotion massage, new diaper and pjs every night at the same time ... the bath was a signal that bedtime was coming, the massage relaxed him and all that was left was to plop him in the crib. With the twins I haven't done a ritual that involved! It's twice as much work! Sheesh, but they know that after dinnertime, bedtime is coming up.
    unsuspected

Answer by unsuspected at 4:44 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• My twins are 6 years old, and I have to admit my memories of that time are kind of blurred... But I do remember that I had two baby rocking chairs, and I would put each girl in her rocker, sit on the couch and rock them to sleep with a foot. Sometimes I would sing a lullabye and rock in time with the song. I have vague memories of rocking until 2 or 3 in the morning...dozing off, waking up to somebody howling, feeding, rocking some more, all of us sleeping together...

Thank goodness those days are past. But remember, it doesn't get easier, it just gets different.
    SaraCVT

Answer by SaraCVT at 5:41 PM on Aug. 15, 2009