4 months old, high fever, no other symptoms???

at 7pm tonight my daughter had a temp of 104, gave her tylenol, luke warm bath
and we got her temp to 101.9. at 10pm we check her temp again and it was 102.7, gave her a second dose of tylenol and checked 30 mins later her temp spiked back up to 104.
this time the bath didnt help.

has anyone experienced this before??? if so what was the cause??
im a nervous wreck waiting for her pediatrician to call back.
give me peace of mind please.

amberstevens

Asked by amberstevens at 11:29 PM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• When a baby has a temp it usually does indicate an infection even if there are no other symptoms. Wait for the ped. if not then take her to the er and dont panic just better safe than sorry.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• This happened to my son when he was about 6mths old. Last like 3-4wks still don't know what it was but it was definitely scary we even stayed over night at the hospital once or twice. Stay calm and i wish ur family the best.
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 11:35 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• could be just an ear infection. With a temp that high though, the doc might just tell you to go to the ER. good luck, I hope your little one feels better soon!
    ginger813

Answer by ginger813 at 11:36 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• my son used to get like this ,please be careful call your doctor back if you don't hear from them soon, mean while make sure the room is airy -fresh air- don't over dress, her if you can give her another bathon tepid water full body/ or simply run cool water on her wrists and hands, or you can put cold wash cloths on her fore head and "wipe" her arms and legs with it DO NOT give her any type of ASPIRIN this can trigger REYE's SYNDROME on kids with high temp.. a neurological illness that's very dangerous, she has some type of an infection and the body is fighting hard, take care ,I'll be praying for her

annyPG

Answer by annyPG at 12:02 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• May be a bug. My son and nephew had a high fever with no other symptoms. Another friend said the same about her kids a few months ago. It only lasted a couple days. Keep an eye out for other symptoms occur...then call the doc. I hope your sweetie gets better soon.
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 12:04 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• i think you should go to the emergency room when they have a fever and theyre that young
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 12:42 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• It could be a few things... UTI/kidney infection, virus...
    Hopefully you pediatrician has called you back... but I think she should be seen bby a doctor if the temp isn't coming down below 101
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:59 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• that is high only b/c the baby is so young...I would go to the ER...especially if it's not staying down after tylenol...good luck
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 1:27 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• go see a DOCTOR!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:28 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• My son went through this and we thought it was something to do with the fact that he was a preemie. When we took him to the doctor they ran test took blood and everything they could think of that could cause it and never found out what it was. It only happened that one time when he was little about 5 or 6 months old. He will be 2 next month and has no problems, so just take him to the doctor and keep doing the fever reducing techniques till it breaks.
    XandersMomma07

Answer by XandersMomma07 at 10:19 AM on Aug. 14, 2009