3 month old with cough

hello! my daughter is 3 months old and seems to have developed a dry cough within the past 6 hours. also accompanied by plenty of sneezes. it is 11 pm my time so i cannot call my doctor til the morning, does anyone have any suggestions how to tend to it? thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:53 PM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Doesn't your doc have someone on call, for late night questions? Most doctors have someone to answer the phone when the office is closed,and an available doc to talk to. It seems a little wierd to me that they wouldn't. Anyway, if you can't get in touch with a doctor...it seems like just a cold starting, so I woudn't worry too much if she isn't running a fever. (I would still try to get ahold of a doctor in the morning) Maybe you could place a wedge or something under her matress, so she is propped up more, it will help the coughing. If you can't do that, I would let my girls sleep in a safe infant "bouncy" seat so they were sitting up. ( I'm not sure if that's what they are actually called, but that's what I call them) I guess that's about all you can really do, because she's too young for any meds. Good luck, I hope I was helpful!
    ginger813

Answer by ginger813 at 12:02 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• you can try a cool mist humidifier
    r_elizabeth2290

Answer by r_elizabeth2290 at 2:29 AM on Aug. 14, 2009