Tilted Uterus

Well, I was having really bad pains so I went to the dr and had a sono done. We were almost positive that it was my ovarian cysts causing problems until the lady doing my sono couldnt find my left ovary. I talked to the dr yesterday and she told me that my right ovary has some cysts on it (normal size) and that my uterus is tilted which was part of the reason they couldnt see my left ovary. I have never been told that my uterus was tilted so I'm wanting to know any info that anyone has about it? Please, I"m just confused because the dr wouldnt explain it to me.

agrafel

Asked by agrafel at 12:02 AM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You need to find a different doctor then if she/he wouldn't explain it to you. Do some research online. Google Tilted Uterus.

There is lots of good info out there, and hopefully some of the moms here will have some good info for you as well :)
    Skye-Angel

Answer by Skye-Angel at 12:09 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I have a tilted uterus as well. Don't know much as I JUST found out last week when I went to the er for back pain. I do know it makes ultrasounds difficult. I hope they don't have a problem finding the baby in 2 weeks.....
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 1:12 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I have a tilted uterus as well! I didn't find out until i went in to deliver my daughter lol. A tilted uterus, or also called a retroverted uterus, is where instead of the cervix where it normally should be, is up way higher and instead of your uterus leaning over your bladder, thus causing the frequent urination during pregnancy, it leans backwards. This can cause internal exams to be very awkward and a little painful, sorry if i scared you about this part. This is what my doctor told me before my daughter was delivered. I hope this helps!
    mommyschubbers

Answer by mommyschubbers at 4:36 AM on Aug. 14, 2009