i have 2 girls one is getting married the other 14 her mouth /personality has changed i cant stand her half the time what can i do to stop or tame this ?

moms with teenage daughters

shelly41

Asked by shelly41 at 10:00 AM on Jun. 23, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• kind of harsh to say you cant stand your own child. I understand not Standing her attitude but thats a little harsh to me. ask her what is wrong? she is 14 she may have issues you dont know of Have you tried talking to her?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

Anonymous

• Talk to her, it's as simple as that. You need to be able to talk about anything with a teenager, she's probably feeling left out because the other one is getting married, or maybe she knows you don't like her right now and she's dealing with all her raging teenager hormones. Damn I still remember how it felt don't you?
    nunyabiznz

Answer by nunyabiznz at 10:52 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• There ar no easy answers to this one. Talk to her and tell her you are there to listen but be prepared at 14 she could come out with ANYTHING!! She may open up she may not, I remember at that age and straight in to my 20's not being able to talk to my mom about anything.
    momto1727

Answer by momto1727 at 1:25 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• I hear ya friend, I can't stand my 14 year old son most of the time either. I swear the older I get the harder being a mom gets. It is easy to say love 'em they have hormones...ect but when you have a 6ft 3 teen ragging it can be trying. I want ya to know your not alone. Hang in it will over in 6 ish years or so.
    Michellle
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 6:35 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• She probably does feel left out cuz lets face it your daughters getting married so your spending more time with her and focusing on her. As teenagers we crave attention wether its good or bad. Sometimes we just yell at you cause we know you'll react to it.
    MafianPrincess

Answer by MafianPrincess at 12:18 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• OMG, I feel you on this one! I can't stand my stepdaughter sometimes! I thought something was wrong with me for feeling this way, but everyone in the family feels the same. It's the attitude and smart comments. I know what you mean when you said you can't stand her; you love her, but sometimes it's hard. I don't think it's harsh or that you don't love her, but that's an age that I don't care to ever have to deal with. I know I was the same way with my mom! I guess I'm reaping what I sowed. Good luck and may God be with you! LOL!
    wifenbabymomma2

Answer by wifenbabymomma2 at 1:51 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• she'll grow up but try to get the 2 girls to do some stuff together, you can get info from the older one. I'm the older sister in my family so... it works for us. My sister actually is talking to my mom more now so its pretty cool. My sister 14 and i'm 21.
    ChasesMommy0115

Answer by ChasesMommy0115 at 12:25 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• Take everything away...........I mean pack it up and move it out.
    She'll have a melt down and after she's calmed down.......you tell her how its going to be = TOUGH LOVE.
    ToldUNo

Answer by ToldUNo at 1:28 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• My answer is in a message it was too long for this sorry :D
    phoebematthew

Answer by phoebematthew at 2:35 PM on Jul. 14, 2008