Eggs left out

How long can eggs be left out on the counter before they are no good?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Food & Drink

• cooked?
    just in the shell?
    We use to always put our eggs in a basket on the counter but we only could do it for about a week ,
    We also ate brown eggs dont know if there is a diff.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:38 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• A good long time if the shells aren't broken and the temperature isn't too high.
    Plus, rotten eggs smell bad, so if they don't smell they're okay. I lived in South America where we didn't even refrigerate them and they were fine.. Trust me. I've been feeding people daily for 30 years with no problems.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• On submarines they don't store the eggs in a refrigerator. After so long a time, they crack eggs individually into a bowl and if it's bad they throw it out. If it's good, they use it. You'll know if it's bad when you crack it open.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:42 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I just bought them at the store last night, and didnt have room in the frig and forgot they were there
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:42 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• thanks for the responses
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• lol, eggs are FINE if theyre not in the fridge. aslong as theyre in the shell type of thing. in england, they never really store there eggs in the fridge! =]
    .Kelly.

Answer by .Kelly. at 12:49 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Put the eggs in a deep bowl of cold water. The ones that float are bad and the ones that stay on the bottom are still good.
    greenmom4543

Answer by greenmom4543 at 9:55 PM on Aug. 21, 2009