What should I do...?

Ok my MIL is making my baby shower cake for me and I want it to look really nice (she did my wedding cake so I know she does an amazing job). But when I was looking at pictures I found this cake http://www.pinkcakebox.com/images/cake220.jpg
And the picture of it is really smooth and beautiful and Im not sure if I should have her use fondont (she said she would if I wanted) to make it prettier, or normal frosting so it tastes better? What do you think? The decor on it has to be fondont but should all the frosting be???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• oooo that is cute! with those decorations i would say fondant!
    Mesha125

Answer by Mesha125 at 12:57 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• they can pull it off. usuallyu a thin layer of frosting is under it, so everybody wins! lol
    Mesha125

Answer by Mesha125 at 12:59 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Fondant is beautiful and can be delicious if it's made correctly. Pre-made fondants often taste slightly bitter.

However, it sounds like she wouldn't make it her first choice. It's very tricky to work with. Frosting is much easier to work with and can be used in an infinite variety of ways.
    SelaCarsen

Answer by SelaCarsen at 12:59 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Would it look weird with regular frosting and then the decor in fondont??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:03 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Pls don't bash...but I think you should just be grateful for whatever cake your MIL makes for you. You already said she did an amazing job on your wedding cake....it's alot of work to put one of these together and it shouldn't be so much about making it "prettier" but about the thoughtfulness and love she will put into it. Sorry if this sounds harsh......
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:06 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• It will have frosting under the fondant and if she can roll her own fondant she can make it tastes similar to the frosting. It won't look the exact same way but if she is good enough with her cakes she can make it look good with just frosting. Nothing else she can put a more personal touch on it with the frosting.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 1:07 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• anon :06 she was just asking opinions.. not to be bashed on, seems like she is being fairly grateful of her mom doing this for her and obviously her mom offered. Why can't she be specific about what she wants?
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 1:08 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Normal frosting to make it taste better!! yummy!
    SgtsWife1982

Answer by SgtsWife1982 at 1:10 AM on Aug. 14, 2009