At your baby shower did you...

Serve a meal or just snacks? What would be good to serve? If anyone knows a good website about babyshowers I would appriciate the help...I am lost lol

Mikayla_lynn

Asked by Mikayla_lynn at 1:02 AM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• We served snacks. Cheese and crackers, little tiny sandwiches and chips and drinks and stuff .. nothing too much.
    Michele068

Answer by Michele068 at 1:05 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Well I ended up having 3 baby showers. (my Mom threw me one, my Stepmom threw me one, and my MIL threw me one) We had a meal served with my moms, meal with my stepmoms, and snacks with my MIL. I think it has to do with where you live b/c I live in TN and the one that my MIL threw was here in TN and it sems like snacks is the norm. The ones my Mom and Stepmom threw me where in IL and it's normal for a full meal to be served at any parties. So I guess it just depends on where you are at.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 1:08 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• my husband runs a restaurant so my sister had it there for me...they made beautiful summer fruit platters...goat cheese bruschettas, mini bite size flatbreads, some other things...can't remember right now, but finger foods and fruit platters are always nice :)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 1:42 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• We did it southern style and had Hot dogs, hamburgers, Fried Chicken, Mac n Cheese, Mashed Potatoes, etc etc
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 2:10 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• It all depends on what you are wanting and the type of shower you are having. For my DS we had a LUAU so all his things were finger foods or had a tropical/beach theme! If you want to have a big cook out hamburgers and hotdogs are great with sides. I personally love finger foods!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 8:01 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• My first MIL served a small buffet style meal in her home, which was nice, but not necessary.

When I planned my daughter's baby shower I scheduled it between the lunch and dinner hours so we wouldn't have to serve a meal. I served a cheese, cracker, and pepperoni platter, and had about 6 small bowls of various treats such as pillow mints, M&M's, mixed nuts, and such. I just stuck with finger foods. We had her cake, of course, and we had a variety of drinks available. It worked out very well.

I think if you have a baby shower during a meal hour then you will need to serve a meal. If you have a large amount of people attending then you will need to serve some sort of meal whether it is buffet style or just mini sandwiches with condiments. If you have a smaller party and it is between meal hours, then it is your choice.

Have fun!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:06 AM on Aug. 14, 2009