HOW?!

How can I finalyl be at peace and get that relationship with Jesus? I want to go to heaven, but because I dont wanna go to hell and if that's the only reason am I really gonna go? Idk...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Concentrate on being a good person and being kind to others....God can't fault you for that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:09 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Feel free to PM me OP :-)
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 1:20 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Its so easy to have a relationship with Jesus Christ... I dont want to go to hell either :) but once you learn more about Christ's love and how much he loved us to give his life for us that will make you love him even more..When you ask Jesus to come into your heart and ask him to forgive you of your sins you are going to heaven and if you sin just ask him for forgiveness we are not perfect :) .... I can also give you some great bible verses You can also pm me also.. Remember Jesus loves you the way you are .. I love ya too in Christ

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 1:43 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Jesus knows your heart & so do you. Some ppl have a hard time "talking" to God.(prayer) When I taught Missionettes Girl's Only which was high school girls, I asked if they believed Jesus is real, & If God is their Father in Heaven. Then I asked them if they needed to talk to their dads(or moms) what would they do. They always said sit & talk to them . So to get in the habit of "talking" to God, pull up a chair ;ike you would if you were gonna talk to your dad & talk to Him!!
    Tell Him how your day was, what you'd like to see change in your life, ask Him to help you with whatever He outs on your heart that needs fixing. Now comes the hard part, stop & listen to Him. You'll be amazed!! He will talk to you. It may be just a voice in your head but you'll know when it's God. He's gonna tell you things you may not want to hear but you asked!!
    PM me if ya need a friend. I love you as my sister in Christ.
    WAganma56

Answer by WAganma56 at 2:36 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Steps to Peace With God

1. Acknowledge that you are a sinner.

A brief reading of the Bible makes it clear that all of us have sinned against God in a variety of ways. The Bible summarizes mankind's condition with these words, "There is none righteous, no not one....all have sinned" (Romans 3:10, 23). John the apostle said, "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves" (1 John 1:8). The first step to experience God's forgiveness and have your relationship restored with Him is to acknowledge (or confess) your sinfulness to Him. Click here if you think you are a "good person."

2. Believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross for you.

The Bible says, "If you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved" (Romans 10:9).
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 3:40 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Jesus said, "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life" (John 3:16).

3. Change direction. Turn away from your sinful way of life.

The Bible says, "God is now declaring to men that all people everywhere should repent [repent means to change direction, i.e., turn away from your sins], because He has fixed a day in which He will judge the world in righteousness" (Acts 17:30-31). If you are willing to repent, God will begin to change you and help you live a life that is pleasing to Him.

Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 3:41 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Do you want to know God? Do you want to experience the kind of life He designed for you to live? Do you want your sins forgiven? Do you want to spend eternity with God when you die? You can have your sins forgiven right now and begin experiencing a relationship with God today. Pray something like this:

"God, I confess that I am a sinner. I realize that I need Your forgiveness. I believe that You, Jesus, paid the price for my sins on the cross. I believe that You rose again from the dead and want to have a relationship with me. Thank You. Come into my life. Forgive me of all my sins. Be my Lord, be my God. I want to turn away from my sins and begin to follow You. Help me to do that. Change me. Empower me with Your Holy Spirit to live my life for You. Amen."

Cinnamon-mom

• If you prayed that prayer with a sincere heart, you have begun a relationship with Jesus Christ, and God has forgiven you of your sins.

We encourage you to...

A. Begin reading and obeying the Bible. Try starting out with the Gospel of Luke in the New Testament, and follow that up by reading the Book of Acts, and then the rest of the Bible. (If you have questions about the trustworthiness of the Bible click here).

B. Begin praying. Simply put, talk to God. He loves you and wants to have a relationship with you.

C. Begin going to a church that teaches through the Bible and where the people love to worship the Lord. If they have a new believer's class, sign up to attend.

D. Make friends with other believers who can encourage you and be a blessing to you in your new relationship with Jesus. If you have a friend or a family member who is a Christian, call them and let them know of the decision you have made.

Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 3:42 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• And feel free to pm me if you ever want to talk or if you need prayer. May God bless you and give you peace! He loves you so much.
    Cinnamon-mom

• well ecclesiastes says the dead are conscience of nothing at all eccl9 verses 5,6,10.
    lawla

Answer by lawla at 8:07 AM on Aug. 14, 2009