The thing is I am scheduled to have a c-section with my doc in September so i really don't know if i'm doing the right thing. I do know that I don't like the hosptial...

latinamom94

Asked by latinamom94 at 1:09 AM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Why don't you like the hospital?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:10 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Why are they having you get a c-section? Is it for medical reasons?
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 1:11 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• 1) Why are you having a c-section?

2) What are your fears about the hospital?
    NDFanatik

Answer by NDFanatik at 1:11 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• My first was an emergency c-section so the doc says that to avoid any risk he wants to do a c section.
    latinamom94

Answer by latinamom94 at 1:15 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• VBAC's are safer than repeat c-sections unless medically indicated. A VBAC only runs 0.4% more risk than a normal vaginal delivery with no prior c-section, whereas the repeat has increased risks that are FAR more serious. A prior c-section isn't a good reason to schedule a repeat. Do you have any issues such as pre-e, placenta previa, uncontrollable high blood pressure, pelvis damage from a prior accident, a vertical incision? If not and you are having second thoughts, I would advise looking into a VBAC with another doctor. Try contacting a midwife and seeing if they will take you on as a patient so that you feel more comfortable.

I just had a VBAC 9 months ago. It was wonderful. :)
    NDFanatik

Answer by NDFanatik at 1:23 AM on Aug. 14, 2009