I had my first child and they had to do an emergency c section. So he says to avoid any risk he prefers to do a c-section. To me the hospital is not that sanitary and the staff is not that great.

latinamom94

Asked by latinamom94 at 1:18 AM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You can do a V-Bac, I would see another doctor to get their opinion and go to a different hospital because you should be comfortable before you deliver and after you deliver!!!!
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 1:19 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• pick another hospital that you would feel comfortable in, because thats very important.go to another doctor and get there opinion because if its not necessary you shouldnt have to get a c section.
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 1:21 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• How do you know it's not sanitary? Is there reports of mass infection from surgery there or what?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:23 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Read my response in the other post you have up. I don't feel like copying and pasting, lol.
    NDFanatik

Answer by NDFanatik at 1:24 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• A second surgery is not safer than a natural birth. The research is clear.

Of course, the cynical part of me thinks: drs get paid more for surgery than natural birth *and* it takes less time...why wouldn't they promote it by minimizing the risks and amplifying the benefits? This is a business, yes?
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 1:32 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Pick another hospital . If you can that is .
    My doctor worked thru 4 other hospitals besides mine
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:53 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Of course, the cynical part of me thinks: drs get paid more for surgery than natural birth *and* it takes less time...why wouldn't they promote it by minimizing the risks and amplifying the benefits? This is a business, yes?

That may be true , but not all drs are all for csetions mine doesnt like doing them wont do them unless it is a 100% needed medical thing . You cant even just request it with him . He says if he has to do a csection he feels he failed as a doctor, But if he tells you that you need on that you really do need one. Even his office staff and the people at the hospital says he has only done about 20 in the 17 years he has been a doctor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:55 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I hope the doctor told you the truth about the risks of repeat c-sections too, the risk of rupture is very very low but repeat c-sections come with a number of risks to the mother and the baby. Its not as if major surgery is without risks at all!
    If you are not comfortable with the hospital and/or doctor you should look for a new doctor and hospital.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 11:14 AM on Aug. 14, 2009