why is this website so picky about questions?

well i didnt specifically had a question, i was just trying to sell some baby formulaway cheaper than i bought it for and my DD was not going to take it anymore since her pediatrician changed it because she was getting acid reflux and too much gas, and cafemom administrators deleted my question as if i was doing something really bad! has this happened to you before? i'm not trying to open any controversy here but i think it is not fair, it really made me feel really sad just to see that message from them in my inbox.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:37 AM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• maybe your'e not supposed to advertise anything to sell?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:38 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• You arent supposed to advertise on here in the questions area . that is why they deleted it.
    I would personally just go donate it to a food pantry . You may not find anyone that wants to buy formula ffrom a stranger. to many wackos out there ya know,.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:39 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Maybe because it wasn't a question as much as it was advertising. If you want to sell something either find a group to post it in or post it on craigslist or some other website like that.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 1:39 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• From the FAQ section:
    The CafeMom Marketplace -
    To visit the CafeMom Marketplace, click on the Share tab above and then click on Journals. Scroll all the way down and you'll see Visit Marketplace on the right. That's where moms can post ads and promos.
    To post in The CafeMom Marketplace, check the CafeMom Marketplace box at the end of your Journal post.

SelaCarsen

Answer by SelaCarsen at 1:45 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• well as i read the message they sent me it also said that you couldnt advertise anything about giving stuff away i think or charity purposes! i don' think it hurts anybody, and i have seen questions about advertising things to sell or for charity purposes and i didnt see the questions being deleted! i just need to get this off my chest because really it made so angry at them for making me feel like a delinquent when all i was asking was to get rid of them and sell them to someone who needed some formula which that kind i have is really expensive so i wanted to take some money i paid for them, right before you click anon questions it only says to be nice,honest and respectful otherwise they get deleted and i think i didnt do anything wrong! =$
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:47 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Have you tried taking the stuff back to the store and exchaning it for the other formula that you use now? That way you aren't out of money
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 1:49 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I ditto KalebsMommee
    You can always try to take it back.
    Heck even try walmart even if you didnt get it from there just say you did. They will most likely give you a gift card for the amount then You can go get the other formula .
    I havent seen any charity on here lol .
    You can always look up local pantries and churchs in your area if you wish to donate it.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:51 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• the thing is i do not have the receipt i think i threw it away when i was cleaning, i bought them at walmart and how are they gonna change it if i do not have a receipt? is that possible? i think is weird because anybody can go to any store and exchange things if they were not bought there dont you think?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:53 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• You don't need the receipt to exchange it at walmart you just take it in and exchange it for the formula you use now.

I had a bunch of formula given to me when I was pregnant with my son and it was different than what I was going to use so I just took it told the girl I needed to exchange it, got the formula I needed, showed my ID and signed the little slip and was on my way. .. You don't need a receipt to exchange most things at walmart, as long as when they scan it it shows in their system.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 1:55 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Nope you dont need the receipt . I have taken things back before and I never can find my reciepts lol . Exchange is fine just say your husband got the wrong ones lol they usually laugh . I always blame my husband so lol that would be my story .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:57 AM on Aug. 14, 2009