kid wont sleep

i have and 8month old and she wont sleep. i work second shift so im up at night and she gets up with me in the morning and doesnt sleep the whole day, i try to put her down for bed when i get home but she fights and throws a fit, shakes her head screams no. i know she tired bc shes so cranky. how do get her to calm down and sleep.

letlovegrow

Asked by letlovegrow at 1:43 AM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try rocking her to sleep for now. Also google "Elizabeth Pantley" for a website with lots of great ideas.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:52 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• What I used to do with both my kids and even kids I used to babysit was to caress the top of their head and forehead with a soft blanket. Then I would gently bring it down to their eyes which in turns makes them close their eyes. It relaxes them and makes them sleepy. It always worked for me lol.
    HomeBizMomOf2

Answer by HomeBizMomOf2 at 2:05 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Gripe water helps calm babies down. Might be teething as well. Teething tablets and Motrin. My son hadn't been sleeping through the night for the past 3 nights and last night gave him both tablets and motrin and he slept 9 hours straight. good luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on Aug. 14, 2009