is it better if i stop attending church?

the thing is that in the bible says if we are warm we will be vomited away from God and it says to be either cold or hot, the thing is i do not pray or read the bible, and to go to church like that i think i feel worse and guilty for attending church without really having a true relationship with God, it has been really hard for me to keep up with him sighs!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:06 AM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• It also says that God doesnt expect us to be perfect. I pray and read the bible but dont go to church. im a little confused by the cold warm hot thing. can u explain please? (sorry)
    Mesha125

Answer by Mesha125 at 2:10 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• it says in the bible on revelation 3:16
    So because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of My mouth. that is what i am mostly scared of! i do not wanna be a hypocrite neither to myself, God specially or church members, i do believe in God and his power but i am just having a hard time because i am not pacient enough because i have asked God to help me in my marriage , i've cried so bad to him many many times and he seems like he didnt hear me and it makes me feel not important to him! i lived all my life before i was even born with my step dad and i was always feeling rejected by him making favoritism with my other 2 sisters just because i am not his daughter, he has changed now and we talk to each other respectfully as he and my family converted to Christ , but still my heart was hurt by that and that is why i kinda feel that God is ignoring me too!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:18 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Well, to be honest, I don't read much into Revelation.

God doesn't expect perfection. Do your best because it's all you can do. If your church is making you feel inadequate then you're at the wrong church.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:08 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Oh. One more thing. Don't hold grudges.

Remember the parable of the Prodigal Son. In this case, you've got a Prodigal Stepdad. Just as the son was forgiven, so should you forgive the stepdad. Still being hurt isn't going to change the past. Time to move on to the future. OK?

Answer by gdiamante at 3:09 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• One of the things I dislike about the church is, you have to share the same religion as the people in there. and the bible [written by man not god]

you don't have to go to church in order to believe in god. little do most religion followers believe [the one's that STRICTLY going to church for god] he loves you no matter if you go to church or not. as long as you believe in him. and everyone has a different belief on him, no one shares the same one

and as for the hot and cold thing.. I never read the bible.. but that sounds ignorant. isn't he suppose to love you no matter what???
    kittenripmaygo

Answer by kittenripmaygo at 3:10 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• i am not so good at explaining the word but i would never call God ignorant!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:13 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• i didn't call him ignorant. i said i never read the bible but it sounds ignorant and i pointed out the bible was written by man not god.
    kittenripmaygo

Answer by kittenripmaygo at 3:22 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Don't give up!!! "It is He who works in you both to will and to do according to His good pleasure!" He wants you to enjoy Him, not to work to impress Him. Our walk is supposed to be our delight not our duty. And it is Him who makes us WANT to be close to Him. Pray and ask Him to increasee your desire for Him.

Keep going to church, try and discipline yourself and find time to read your Bible, even if it is a little bit each day. Make it a habit, like brushing your teeth (you know it is good for you ). There are times I don't feel like reading, but then I sit down and do it and I am soooo blessed. It is a simple struggle between our flesh and our spirit. Whatever you feed will grow strong.

"Don't grow weary in well doing, for in due time you shall reap a harvest of righteousness if you do not give up" Galatians 6:9

The way to stop being lukewarm is to be on fire. Feed the fire!!!! I will pray for you!!!
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 3:37 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• There are too many versions and translations of the bible to say that some translators were not ignorant. Some didand still do translate and preach the bible as they see fit. Why do you think we have so many translations and religions?
    ItsMeGigi69

Answer by ItsMeGigi69 at 3:59 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• go and you will be blessed- Southern Baptist here
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 4:09 AM on Aug. 14, 2009