Buying a laptop question...

I am looking to buy a smaller laptop in order to be able to just grab it and go when I need to...which is often when following the life of a almost 4 year old.
I am considering the Acer netbook. I currently have an acer aspire which I am pretty happy with, but it's a regular size and I need small! I would give this one to my mother.

Has anyone heard anything or does someone happen to HAVE one and be able to tell me what they think!!

Thanks!
Liz from CT

moonflower711

Asked by moonflower711 at 2:35 AM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Shopping

• rkoloms

Answer by rkoloms at 5:55 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I've always heard bad things about Acer, slow processor and what not. But if you want something easy to grab on the go, why don't you get one of those netbooks. They're super tiny and weigh less than a pound and are only around $200-$300.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 12:23 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I have a friend who just bought a Toshiba. She LOVES it. I have a Toshiba laptop and swear by it. I have heard Dell is not the company that they used to be.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 11:45 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Thanks everyone! I don't have much to spend, and although I have heard similar stories about Dell and Acer, I actually HAVE an Acer from when they first came out and have been totally happy with it (even dropping it off the bed a few times when I have fallen asleep with it!). I know my sister has had Acer issues from the get-go.
    I really like the idea of the netbooks! Small so I can slip it in a bag! I basically am only on the wed or writing a paper.

I honestly appreciate the advise (by the way, I love consumer reports but I cannot access the sight for information unless I am a member! Thanks so much though!)
    moonflower711

Answer by moonflower711 at 9:01 AM on Aug. 19, 2009