R u worried about the swine flu?

I am realy worried. My kids get sick alot and what happense if I get it too?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:46 AM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Health

• A little yeah. I think we have to be - it is a real threat. But I have the fortune of not having school age children, but the misfortune of having a grown son who works in the general public and is in contact with a lot of school age children.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 2:48 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• No I'm not really worried about it. A little but not much. There isn't much we can do at this point but try to keep ourselves healthy. If you're gonna get you're gonna get it you can't live in a bubble.
    r_elizabeth2290

Answer by r_elizabeth2290 at 3:15 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Didn't you just ask about diabetes? If you have this many health concerns then yes you should call a psychiatrist. oops I mean a Dr.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:12 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• No, not at all. My daughter had H1N1 in May; three days of fever, a few more of cough and congestion, one really gross bloody nose.
    It sounds like you need to work on building your immune systems. Processed sugars, animal products (especially dairy and non-organic meats), and processed flours can weaken the immune system. Whole, plant base foods (fruits, vegetables in lots of different colors, whole grains and legumes) will strengthen your immune systems. Drink lots of water.
    We take Echinacea two weeks on, one week off (too much can actually weaken the immune system).

Answer by rkoloms at 6:24 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I'd just like to point out that the swine flu is no more dangerous than the 'normal' flu that goes around. Same symptoms, same treatment. It's just new so every one is making a big deal about it. If you compare statistics, no more people have died from the swine flu this year than have died from the 'common' flu. It's just more publicized.

So, I guess what I'm saying is, no, I'm not worried.
    jennifercalling

Answer by jennifercalling at 7:30 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Be more concerned with the vaccine for it
    Glickstein

Answer by Glickstein at 9:10 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• No I'm not concerned because it's no worse than the "regular" flu that goes around every single winter.

I'm not concerned about the vaccine either, my boys will be getting it. We're dealing with asthma here and anything that can gives a chance to help prevent/lessen the effect of a respiratory illness will be utilized.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:18 PM on Aug. 14, 2009