My first child was born 9lbs 7oz... Will my second child be as big!!???

I'm defiantely REALLY worried about having a second child when my first child was 9lbs 7oz and I was 17 at the time and smoked for the first 5 months... since its said that teens have low-birth weight babies and so do smokers. I am currently 14 weeks pregnant...So could my baby be born BIGGER!!?? What are your personal experience when having children? Are they around the same weight? or drastically different? Thanks for any and all imput!!

MyTrinity

Asked by MyTrinity at 2:56 AM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• they may not be but out of my 3 kids 2 were 7lb 8 oz and one was 7lb 9 oz. the 7lb 9 oz was the one I had at 19
    Mesha125

Answer by Mesha125 at 3:09 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• my cousins first baby was 8lbs 2oz and her second was only 6lbs somethin oz...

and she didnt smoke with either of them
    mrsdemchuck

Answer by mrsdemchuck at 3:23 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Your second baby could be the same size or probably smaller. I don't think you'll have a larger baby than 9lbs 7oz.
    GinaPetty

Answer by GinaPetty at 8:04 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• In most cases, subsequent babies get bigger for some reason. I have no idea why, they just seem to!! But I do have a few friends who's babies got smaller, so hopefully the same will happen to you:)

Congrats on your upcoming addition
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 11:14 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Wait Why are you really worried?? What is wrong with "big babies"?
    I loved having my easy-breezy 10-pound baby perfect birth. If I had known she was going to be that big~ or if I'd let myself care then maybe it could have infiltrated my confidence.
    But don't worry about the size, hun, worry about getting ready: getting good care, good labor support... You can do this!!
    :-D
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:26 AM on Aug. 15, 2009