R u telling me there is no diabetics on here at all?

If my blood sugar is 168 (now) should I seek help? I haven't been eating anything, except normal meals. Help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:25 AM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• We are here, 168 is not a medical emergency.
    ItsMeGigi69

Answer by ItsMeGigi69 at 3:35 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• its just real early in the a.m give it a little bit longer and let the group wake up and get their coffee...LOL! You like your answers better..

If your concered call the ER. a nuse or attending doctor will answer your questions which IF (I hope not) you need medical attention they can also help you with that....so please call the hospital ER. It free for over the phone consultations..or at least it is here where I live. I hope you feel better.

Once you find out...post back so we know your doing ok...OK?
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 3:32 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• its either really early or really late depending on where your at and at night there arent many people on...sorry I wish i knew the answer
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 3:34 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• If your diabetic shouldnt YOU know what YOUR bad blood sugar is?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:46 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I know for a fact that they educate you about diabetes and you have the internet to google it! Why are you waiting for cafemoms to see if you are ok? You are too weird.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:30 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Like a PP said, 168 is not a medical emergency. Weather or not it's normal depends on what, and how recently, you ate. If you had a big glass of orange juice 45 minutes ago, for example, I wouldn't be surprised if it was 168. The best time to test is first thing in the morning, before breakfast. That number should be below 120. If it's close to that or over, you should talk to your doctor, who can order a blood test to see what your average blood sugars have been for the past several weeks.
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 5:55 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Are you Pregnant? if so and your numbers are like that CALL your DR ASAP you may need meds atleast you may need to meet with a dietition because you would be suprised at what can spike your blood sugar... If you have GD and your numbers are this high and you are not watching them your baby WILL have some issues CALL YOUR DR! why wait for people on CM...
    SarahMerritt_22

Answer by SarahMerritt_22 at 6:36 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• My brother is a diabetic and he doesn't ask me that question.......
    Krissy21

Answer by Krissy21 at 7:03 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• 168 is not an emergency.
    Keep your self hydrated by drinking lots of water helps keep your blood sugar lower.
    If you are pregnant, call your doctor when there is a change in your sugar levels.

Are you on insulin? When I was pregnant, my doc put me in insulin when my sugar rose to 130, and when my sugar stayed at 130 after delivery, he has kept me on insulin.
    mom2boys1997

Answer by mom2boys1997 at 7:09 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I believe you should have a blood sugar around 110 and under if you are diagnosed as a diabetic , Check with your doc for an accurate reading because it vary's slightly with your height and weight ...age too sometimes . The joslin diabetes ctr in dewitt ,NY Dr Khan is a great specialist. 315 ) 464-5726 His staff are great too. Beware it tales a long time to get in BUT it is worth it, Best of luck to you , Judylee
    Sunyschoolgirl

Answer by Sunyschoolgirl at 7:41 AM on Aug. 14, 2009