What are some home remedies to get rid of...

I was just wondering if anyone knew of some home remedies to get rid of acne? Since I have been on the IUD Mirena, my face has broken out really bad. One day my face will be okay and then the next I have like 3 huge pimples!! I dont plan on getting off of it until my time is up, but I was just wondering if there was something I could do without paying a fortune to visit a dermatologist.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:39 AM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• TEE TREE OIL/OLIVE OIL MIX
    THEN SOOTHE WITH.HONEY
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 4:55 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Here is how my teen handles her acne: wash your face twice a day with a very mild soap (like unscented baby soap) and a soft wash cloth; follow with a light, oil free moisturizer (she uses Lush). Once a day, before you wash your face, put on a honey mask (just honey, a great anti-bacterial). Every three days add a pinch of baking soda to the honey to exfoliate. Check back with me in two weeks and tell me how this worked.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:18 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I get a kit from AVON.
    It has worked really well for me.
    Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 1:52 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• okay thanks! i will try that RKOLOMS!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:57 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• thanks everybody else too!
    Anonymous

• I would have breakouts a lot. I went and had a face peel. It was the radience (sp?) peel. That really helped! It was $150.00. The woman told me that sometimes our skin needs a "reboot" and the peel takes off all the old skin that cannot be removed thru exfoliating alone and then the peel will stimulate healthy skin growth.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:15 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Also make sure you are drinking lots of water. I also love the Clarisonic face brush. You can use it with any face cleanser you already use.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 7:55 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Drink plenty water and Rubbing lemon peel on the skin helps in reducing whiteheads and blackheads.
    JoyandLove

Answer by JoyandLove at 7:24 PM on Aug. 17, 2009