Where could I find a good exercise dvd?

I am trying to lose 40 lbs and need to start working out. Does anyone know of any good dvds to help me get started.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:25 AM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Health

• You might try your local library first. I have several DVDs that seemed like they would be great but after I bought them I hated them. This way you could try them out before investing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:41 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Definitely try the library first.

I often see these in my local freecycle group, too

Answer by rkoloms at 6:14 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Walking/ riding a bike. If you have comcast ,on one of the channels I think 222 they have fitness going on like the all the day. I like how interesting some of the routines are. One time it was belly dancing, another time pilates.
    Glickstein

Answer by Glickstein at 9:09 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I got started by watching many (yes from the library) dvds and picked different parts out of each to make my own workout regiment. I used some from the weight training dvd then added the stretches from Tai Chi (not the whole program, just the stretches), then added Denise Austin's abs workout and Callenetics (advanced since I had done it before). I checked out Yoga and Pilates but I'm just not there yet and don't want to set myself up to fail. I do the things I can do and work toward the others. I bought a recumbent bike from Walmart cheap and I walk a few days a week depending on the weather. Watch your eating since working out tends to make us want to eat more! Most of all, enjoy and don't get discouraged. btw, the weight training is the easiest and the most effective since it builds muscle mass which burns up calories.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:03 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• jillian michaels my fave is no more trouble zones but really any of hers are great. have you heard of nutritional cleansing? that would boost your weight loss along. let me know if you want more info
    jambalover

Answer by jambalover at 1:15 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. One word----awesome.
    KlousMomi

Answer by KlousMomi at 1:37 PM on Aug. 14, 2009