Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did you get your baby's Birth Cerificate with incorrect information or typos?

I did. My son's birth certificate says that I was born in NJ when in fact I was born in Georgia


Asked by Anonymous at 6:37 AM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

This question is closed.
Answers (5)
  • No, but MY birth certificate has a typo on it. My mother's maiden name is spelled incorrectly.

    Answer by Imogen13 at 11:30 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

  • then you need to get that fixed asap

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:12 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

  • Yeah you need to contact the office and have it fixed. There should have been a letter that came with the BC in the mail and it should have the phone number to contact the office and find out how to get it corrected.

    Answer by aeneva at 7:20 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

  • Just go up to the Justice Center in your county. They put my DD name wrong. It was pretty easy to fix. Just a form to fill out. i would imagine that that to would be a pretty quick fix. Good luck.

    Answer by But_Mommie at 8:06 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

  • I did. They ended up omitting my daughter's middle name on her birth certificate. When we got a new copy of her SS at 15 (she lost it), they informed me that her legal name is just her first and middle name had been recorded officially. She wishes to legally change her last name in a few years to my husband's name at any rate, so we will just add it in at that time.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Aug. 14, 2009