My dd has cradle cap and her head smells weird...

All I am putting on it is Aquaphor. Do you think it smells weird from the dead skin??

stepmom929

Asked by stepmom929 at 7:28 AM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yep, it's the cradle cap smelling. Once you comb it off and wash her hair, she'll smell like baby again.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:41 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Put some baby oil on her hair before you wash it, then wash it normally. After that, put more baby oil on and gently (very, very gently) comb the opposite direction the hair grows with a thin baby comb.

My daughter had it at 3 months, I tried that and it never came back.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:51 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• My dr recommended we use Nizoral shampoo 2-3 times/week, we did and the cradle cap went away very quickly. But you have to be very careful not to get it in baby's eyes.
    With my first 3, we just did the baby oil and combing, but it seemed to take longer to get it all gone.

Answer by missanc at 8:34 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• for my baby boy ,He had it really bad , my mom told me to use vegetable oil or coco-nut oil and massage it till you see that the "flakes" have loosen up, let it set for a few minutes :then shampoo it off with a mild shampoo,gently combing out the "flakes" . repeat this 2-4x a week. also to make it work so that it doesn't return cut open vitamin e caps and do the same the only thing is this oil is very sticky.

annyPG

Answer by annyPG at 9:34 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I used vaseline and combed it out. then it took 2 washes for it to come out but it was gone with 1 time doing that.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:28 AM on Aug. 14, 2009