NEW Taxes in the health care bill?

Pgs 167, 168 : income tax of 2.5 percent on any individual who chooses not to buy government-approved health insurance.

Pgs 149-150 tax of between 2 percent and 8 percent on the payrolls of all companies whose payrolls exceed $250,000.

Pages 197-198 income tax surcharges on ind. with incomes over $350,000. Increasing to a surcharge of 5.4 percent.

http://docs.house.gov/edlabor/AAHCA-BillText-071409.pdf

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 7:40 AM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I saw mention of those taxes too! But my head was spinning with all of the other crap in there I blew right past it! LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:42 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• My father in law figured with the new taxes he would be paying in over half his income to taxes. He is moving his company out of the country to cut costs and to protect all he has worked so hard for. He doesn't work 18 hour days to give more than half to a government that says he is greedy. My fil is very charitable he just finds it very unfair. Imagine if any of you had to hand over half of what you made? You make 8 an hour but only got to keep 4 bucks? He already pays more than his fair share. This is ridiculous.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:00 PM on Aug. 14, 2009