is this smart?

my bff is adopted, and had an issue with sleeping wit a guy adn later finding he . was he was relted. she still talks to him and thy are like best buds. he still has feelings o her (ewww) should she be encouraging that side of him or should she stop talking to him.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:08 AM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• First, honestly, it would depend on how closely they were related. Second, yes, biologically, that's not a good idea, and she's right to end the relationship - at least the sex part of it. But in fairness to the guy, the ewww factor doesn't really apply. After all, they weren't raised together as family. I would have more of an ewww response to, say, two step siblings that grew up together being together, even though there isn't any biological link.

I think though that if he's not able to move beyond it, then they do need to end the friendship for awhile at least. But, if he's ok with that part being over, then they can be friends.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 8:57 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• how closely related? Many times family characteristics are what attracts ppl. Many cousins even marry. In about 20+ states it's even legal for first cousins to marry. It doesn't bother me. As long as they are not siblings it seems ok to me

Answer by admckenzie at 8:56 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• To clarify, when I say biologically it's not a good idea, I'm assuming they are like half brother and sister. If it's cousins, then, frankly, since they weren't raised as such and legally they aren't related, then, as long as they personally aren't grossed out, I don't see why they can't date if they want to.

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 8:58 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• its a half uncle
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:54 PM on Aug. 16, 2009