When both of your kids are sick,

Will your pediatrician see them both at the same time? I'm not sure how this works, they're 2 years old and 8 months old and both are coming down with the same thing. I'm hoping they can go in together so I don't have to go in twice. Do they usually see them both in these situations?

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 8:12 AM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Mine does. I just tell them when I make the appoinment it's for both kids, and then I tell them again when we sign in so that they put the charts together.
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 8:16 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Yes I've taken two of mine in together before. And my dd who has 3 little girls, has taken them all three in together before.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 9:08 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Yes they should be able to do that. I have taken the twins in together before and once I took three kids together (Twins and my now 4 yr DD). Just tell them its for both kids when you make the appointment and as a PP said agian remind them its 2 kids when signing so their charts will be together.
    xomommy25

Answer by xomommy25 at 9:14 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• The boys Pediatritian will alway see the boys at the same time with no problem. Even at wellness check-ups she will. Good luck and i hope your little ones feel better soon!!
    team21

Answer by team21 at 9:28 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Most likely yes but you will need to book them each an appt. When I call and need both mine seen at the same time, I just ask the receptionist to double book the doc
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 11:17 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I always take all three in at the same time. I tell the woman setting the appointments that I need all three seen and she finds three slots together. Our ped doesn't double book..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:11 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• When my boys are all sick at the same time I call our doctor and tell them the # of kids sick and ask for them to be seen together. The office is good and usually can fit them in. A few times I have ended up taken them to walk-in clinic and we saw the doctor on call.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:53 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• just ask to book back to back appointments.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 11:04 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I would think so. We use a family doctor (not separate for adults and kids) and my daughter and I had a joint appointment when I thought that we both had strep throat.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:17 PM on Aug. 15, 2009