Need some advice on dating again...

Ok so I'm a 30 year old soon to be divorced woman. I have no biological children but I raised my step daughter and she is very much a part of my life. My question is this...how do I "get back out there" so to speak? I'm not into the bar scene at all. All I want is someone to go out with and maybe form a relationship with. My ex husband stopped all romance about a year ago, so I'm ready for some ROMANCE lol. Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:33 AM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• Get involved in something that you're interested in. Depending on where you live, there are all kinds of city bike groups, rock climbing groups, cooking classes, etc. Also, if you're religious, some larger churches have great singles groups. Our area has a city singles group as well. Focus on yourself and your interests - someone will find you when you least expect it.

Answer by missanc at 8:52 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I started back again getting confidence online then I went to a high school reunion and WOW, how many great men are out there and single again. I grew up with them so I didn't have to get to know them from scratch. There are some amazing men out there but you have to get out there. I do volunteer work at the local library so I meet a lot of great guys. Take a class on a local campus or wherever they offer interesting classes. Go to a sports event. Meet as many women as you can. They make great networking system for newly dating friends!

Answer by admckenzie at 9:52 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• The best advice I can offer is to concentrate on you. When you are truely happy with who you are it will show. Men love confidance. When me and my ex split I went on to just doing things I liked to do and "ran into" men that were interested all the time. Eventually the right guy just fell into my lap. He says what attracted him to me was that I didn't have that "looking" vibe. I was just me:) He liked that I was comfortable being single and to him it made an impact LOL now we are married with our second on the way:) Hang in there and try to just let it happen naturally if you look to hard you'll seem desperate....
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 10:33 AM on Aug. 14, 2009