What age was your baby when they moved into a bedroom by themself?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:38 AM on Aug. 14, 2009 in General Parenting

• Right away. My husband and I took turns sleeping in with them for the first 6 weeks or so- after that I just listened for them and got up and went over to their rooms to change or feed them.
    SahmTam

Answer by SahmTam at 8:47 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• The day we came home from the hospital they went to sleep in their own rooms. I have a monitor and our bedroom is just across the hall from the small nursery room, we left our bedroom doors open as well.

Answer by missanc at 9:04 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• the day we came home from the hospital.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 9:05 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• My son started there. We were in a very small apartment and it wasn't a big deal. A friend of mine kept her son in her room until he was 5 weeks and sleeping through the night. Well, 6 hours any way.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:07 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• The day we came home from the hospital. =)
    Her bedroom is right next to ours. We didn't even have to use a monitor (although we did for the first couple of weeks). I didn't want to co-sleep and I didn't see a point in keeping her in our room since she was so close. We'll probably do the same with the next one. Although we're now in a house, all of the bedrooms are right next to each other.
    MotherofIreland

Answer by MotherofIreland at 9:43 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• at a month old
    anarose26

Answer by anarose26 at 10:03 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Three months old.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:32 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• when she was 11 months. we wanted her in her own room from the beginning.. but we lived in a one bedroom apartment until she was almost one.
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 10:36 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• For the older three it was around 6 months. I wanted to make sure they were sleeping soundly through the night (getting up and going downstairs 3 times a night in the dark when I'm half asleep isn't a fun idea).
    My youngest stayed in our room until she was 16 months. We had moved and there wasn't space in the other bedrooms for her. then we moved back to where we were living before and she got her own room and the older kids shared the other one. She was sleeping through the night at 3 months and I would have loved to get her out of my room then but it wasn't possible.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:53 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• My older two started off in their own rooms, right across the hall from my room.
    My youngest was in a bassinet by my side of the bed for the first month, maybe two. It was because of our living situation at that time though otherwise he'd have been in his own room too.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 10:58 AM on Aug. 14, 2009