Is fresh fruit enough?

I usually have a cup of fresh fruit for breakfast since I'm trying to lose weight...and unsweet tea...do I need any meat or am I better off with just the fruit?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:38 AM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• You should be eating 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, in at least 3 different colors. Breakfast is a great time to start getting your produce. Breakfast should be your biggest meal of the day; dinner your smallest

Answer by rkoloms at 8:40 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Are you hungry and tired in a couple of hours or less? Protein would help your breakfast last longer and help keep your energy level up. Fruit has fructose, a sugar. It only boosts your energy for a relatively short time and doesn't give your body the necessary fuel to start your day.

I agree with rkoloms. Breakfast should be a good meal, not a snack.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 10:05 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Yes you should definitely have protien too. Try having a couple of eggs and you'll stay full longer and have more energy.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 12:01 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I would add a protein, such as cheese or eggs, along with whole grain toast or oatmeal. These will be the key things that will keep you fuller longer. Also, when selecting fruit, I would stick to superfood fruits, such as berries (blue, black or rasp) and kiwis. Mmmm...getting hungry now...:)
    ummu_moussa

Answer by ummu_moussa at 4:11 PM on Aug. 22, 2009