Shoes or no shoes? That is my burning question today.........

I am taking my baby for her first "real" pictures (she is 3 months) tomorrow. We have the cutest lil blue sailor dress with a white square collar and red bow - I think she will be adorable. My mother has informed me that she NEEDS little black patent shoes with ruffle-y white lacy sock and furthermore I should dress her in something more "baby-ish" for her first pics. I think baby bare feet are much better than shoes.......I would like to hear your opinion!

chefronswife

Asked by chefronswife at 8:45 AM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• no shoes! my kids didnt own shoes until they were atleast 9-10 months! i figured they werent walking why waste the money on shoes that they would outgrow in a few months, if that! plus the odds of her feet being in the pic are kinda slim, so just go with what you want to! your her momma!
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 8:48 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Use the outfit you want and I would say no shoes sound good and you can also have them do pic not showing her feet. I did some with shoes and some without shoes cause my MOM was with me and she bought her shoes.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 8:49 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• When my kids were that age, I did some with shoes and some without - and I also used different dresses for my daughter/outfits for my boys. When my older 3 were born I had tons of little baby shoes in all styles cause they're cute, but with my youngest I'm more relaxed and don't care what people think - he's been barefoot all summer showing off his chubby little piggies.

Answer by missanc at 9:02 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• No shoes. Baby toes are SO adorable. I didnt make my son wear any.
    H91king

Answer by H91king at 9:21 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I think whatever looks cutest with the outfit. And I don't know if your photo place is the same... but the 2 we have gone to allow 1 outfit change. So maybe you can do an outfit you like and then something that other people would like like Grandparents.
    We did both shoes and no shoes for my son's pictures.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:09 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• i think no shoes.. as pp said baby toes are super cute!
    anarose26

Answer by anarose26 at 10:11 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• it really depends on how formal you want the pics to be if you want formal then shoes and socks are a must if you want a more casual look then no shoes is just fine maybe even have some 'beachy' props like a sand pail and shovel next to her. I know my mother never likes the pics I get of my son because they are informal, casual...NOT posed. I always tell the photographer (my DH cousin) to just go for it and have fun with him, take whatever kind of pic she wants to. I am always happy and the pics really show who he is and his personality

justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 10:52 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Thanks you guys! I agree! Baby toes are the cutest - my baby never wears shoes or even socks now - why should she in her first picture?
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 10:55 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• You're dressing her up for her pictures in a cute little dressy dress.....and bare feet. Sorry, I disagree. Would YOU dress in such a manner for pictures? If not dressy shoes, then nice sandals.

If she were getting her picture taken in shorts and a shirt....barefeet would be appropriate. In a dress, I don't think so.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Well when we got our daughters pics done (4 1/2 months) we had 2 outfits. One was a pink white and green frilly rediculous dress so we did little white shoes and frilly socks. The seconds outfit was this really cute casual fall dress from baby gap and we did those barefoot.
    So it really depends on the outfit I would say.
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 12:19 PM on Aug. 14, 2009