How do you deal with some one who is so impossible?

I've been with this guy for almost 2 yrs. I love him to death.He's a hard hard worker & provider. The problem is this: He's so controlling, he's verbal,he's always right (thinks) I'm not able to work due to health issues & all i get a month is child support plus i have to pay out too so i really don't have any thing.He's always telling me i should leave, get back with your x bla bla bla. It's very hurtful.I always feel like he really isn't happy,im not ONLY cause of how he is. But i can't take care of myself (money wise) i don't have any. He's so lazy around the house meaning he wont pick up after himself for nothing he says leave it i'll pick it up but half the time he dont.There's more but i DON'Twant to bore any one, JUST NEED FRIENDS WHO WILL HELP ME THROUGH THIS,GIVE ME ADVICE,OR SOMEONE WHO HAS\ OR IS GOING THROUGH THE SAME THING...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:49 AM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• Put him in his place and tell him you love him to death but he needs to back off. I have been there and You can go get help if you have to have him hit the sidewalk. GL and I hope it all works out for you...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:52 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Some ppl are so afraid their mate will leave them that they say things like that to try to push them away to see if they will abandon them (probably like some parent or other loved one when he was younger). There is a great book title called I Hate You Don't Leave Me. I think it says so much!!!! If you want to stay then you will have to learn not to take what he says personally. It's his hurt spewing out at you so don't accept it. Just say "I'm sorry you feel that way" or "I'm sorry someone else hurt you and left but I'm not leaving". You can also say something like "I think you rock" or "I love you no matter what". It's not easy to say when someone says something hurtful but it helps repel some of the hurt. You cannot control his behavior but you can change how you react to his behavior. Good luck on this

Answer by admckenzie at 9:48 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Thank you so very much for your advice & you know what after that blow up he's been nice actually helping around the house. But this stuff happens all the time im use to it by now although it hurts.I love this guy with all my heart if i didn't love him like i do i'd been gone long ago & i told him this & he said the same thing. Thanks again for listening now i know who to talk to now LOL thanks again so much.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:55 PM on Aug. 18, 2009