Sippy cups, and baby food

My son is 11 months old. He will drink a bottle with formula in it. Although, he prefers juices and other things. I want him off the bottle before he turns one. He has no intrest in the sippy cup though. Any help on that?

My son Also doesnt wanna eat the Gerber baby food. The second foods he throws a fit over and the thrid stage makes him gag and puke it up. (sorry if TMI). He wants whatever he sees me or his father eating. When i give him a bite or some he eats really good. and seems fuller. How old was your child when you stopped feeding them baby food and started giving them "big person" food?

H91king

Asked by H91king at 9:19 AM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 1.. just keep giving the sippy cup, only give formula in the bottle and everything else in the cup.. since hes already 11 months old i doubt he will be off totally by 1, but deffinatly by then he should be just using it at bedtimes and naptime..

my boys were both off all baby food and on just table food at 9 months... just stop giving it to him and jive him small pieces of fruit and veggies and breads... green beans are good cause they are soft and easy to pick up...

good luck!
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 9:23 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• My son was 7 months old when we stopped giving him baby food and started giving him what we were eating (with a few exceptions, he still doesn't get "sweets", or anything super spicy). As far as a sippy cup, you can try replacing one feeding a day with a sippy instead of bottle, or you can just go cold turkey. My son likes the sippy cups with the soft spout and 2 handles - we use a Nuby - because they're easy to hold on to and are more like a nipple than a hard spout. My son only gets juice when we're traveling to the beach (one cup every other week or so, cut 50/50), but he drinks water or breastmilk out of his sippy.

Answer by missanc at 9:26 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• just toss the bottles, if thats all he has he will drink out of it.. thats what we did.. JB never ate bf eather, we start ppl food super early..
    ArlieBeeMee

Answer by ArlieBeeMee at 9:29 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Just get rid of the bottles and only offer the sippy with formula in it. He will take it, he will not let himself go thirsty for long. Don't switch from the formula until he's eating a fairly balanced diet of table foods.

As for when ours were eating table foods...by 9 months.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 11:12 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• personal my daughter (10 months) is still drinking out of her bottle & she drinks out her sippy a little. i got dora cups bc she loves the show. Just take your time.

So i started to tell her this is dora cup sing the little song & now she drinks out of it a little more. So she start to use it in the mornings then at late evening we go back to bottle.

With the food i dont know bc she does both. She will eat any of the jar foods so i go w/ which ever as a special. I dont give her food me & her dad eat bc we cook w/ spices but i give her crackers, bread, & i'll give her scrabble eggs that's it.
    allison713

Answer by allison713 at 3:25 PM on Aug. 15, 2009