Anyone with adopted kid(s)????

We adopted our son locally, and was able to bring him home from the hospital 5 years ago!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not being able to get pregnant was the best thing that happened!!!

I am dreading when they start talking about the "family tree" in school and how kids look like their parents......genes etc. We'll cross that bridge when we get to it!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:29 AM on Aug. 14, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• well i never adopted a kid but im adopted myself and i knew that i was and i just did that stuff using my adoptive parents and worked just fine
    anarose26

Answer by anarose26 at 9:34 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• my SS is adopted. Adopted kids know they are adopted, the ones that I know don't have any issues about it and never have. It is just a fact in their life.you can also inform the teacher so she doesn't "dwell" on who your son looks like or doesn't look like. I think it you make a big deal out of it in the negative he may start to think it is a bad thing.

justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 10:56 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I have 3 adopted kids,2 of them know,but, the 14 yr. old don't know, we never encounter any problems,I always tell people ,it's very important to start a Life-Book for your child, in this book you put all baby pictures,vacations, pictures of parents,also,just a hint,who said a child had to look like the parents,a child can look like his great-great grandparents. Enjoy your child,and stop worrying. Oh,I never imformed teachers,staff of my children adoption,of course their dr. knew.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:05 PM on Aug. 16, 2009