what are some safe ways to induce your labor?

smiley198028

Asked by smiley198028 at 9:41 AM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• How about you wait until your baby is ready. Self inducing labor really cant be good. A few extra days or weeks in the womb will be okay and better for your unborn child
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 9:42 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• My doctor broke my water, with my second pregnancy.
    Self inducing, Have sex.

Answer by louise2 at 9:44 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Nobody likes the las couple of weeks of pregnancy - but for the baby's sake, suck it up and wait it out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• SEX!! Hard-core, top riding, orgasim having sex!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:49 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• just wait until baby wants to come. baby is who releases the hormone for labor to start. the last few weeks are hard, but what sounds better: a healthy full term baby, or a comfortable mom and a baby who may or may not be healthy bc mom couldn't take pregnancy anymore?
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 10:21 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I had to be induced with my first child. He was 10 days late. I didn't mind, but we tried EVERYTHING! Sex, walking, driving down a bumpy road...not too bumpy so I wouldn't pee....I even drank a glass of wine...well half a glass, but yeah. To me, the baby will come when he's good and ready. Even after the doctors delivered him and shut down the pitocin, my contractions stopped, so they had to turn it back on so I could push out the placenta.

Also, no, it's not HORRIBLE for the baby to stay in a few extra days, but talk to your doctor. They will know if it is ok for you, taking into consideration your pregnancy and how healthy you are. Sometimes it's not a good idea to go too much longer over your due date. Good luck!
    clhadley

Answer by clhadley at 11:34 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• have an orgasm, nipple stimulation, and walking were told to me. but it is all up to that baby. when he or she is ready then they will make their appearance.
    acjadams

Answer by acjadams at 11:39 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• i got my membranes stripped at 38 weeks and had my little baby girl 2 days later i was in labor the next but she didnt come til the 2nd day.. i was haveing a lot of irregular contractions and my dr was worried i would have trouble getting labor going regularly..
    brittanybell

Answer by brittanybell at 1:11 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• At my last appointment I was 2 cm dilated and the midwife said to have sex if we wanted to TRY to get things moving along. At home my husband said "sorry I'm not having sex with you" LOL! Not because he's afraid of hurting the baby but because he's not ready for her to show up yet. He said he'll have sex with me if I go past the due date.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:17 PM on Aug. 14, 2009