How's the VA where you live?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• We just got a brand new facility here for the vets.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 10:23 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Actually pretty good.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 10:23 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• It sucks!
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 10:24 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Are's is good. We live in a military town.

Answer by louise2 at 10:26 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• terrible.. my dad has to go there, and while he was there for his last heart attack (hes has four total) he took himself off all the machines, and went around the corner to get something to eat. He was "flatlining" at the nurses station and no one bothered to check his room for him. He came back and no one ever knew he was gone. Can you imagine if he was really dieing? No one wouldve cared...
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 10:26 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Ours is lacking and has been under scrutiny for quite a few serious violations.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:28 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Both my neighbor and my father have been very happy with the services they have received through out local VA hospital. The hospital is clean, well-organized, well-staffed, and recently remodeled. We also have a second outpatient center that is showing its age, but it is going to be rebuilt within the next couple of years. Even with it being obviously old & run-down, my Dad doesn't mind going there for his outpatient therapy b/c the staff is good.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 10:33 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• When my dad was in the VA hospital, is was revolting. Dirty, no services, he was neglected and ignored by the staff. I refused to take him back there, and took him to a regular hospital after that. Even my dad was amazed at the difference. The care was SOOO much better.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:34 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• My dad worked at the one in our area for over 20 years. It was bullshit then and is bullshit now. My grandfather who passed away 2 years ago was also a patient at the same one my dad worked at, and it was also bullshit for him. Not only is the medical staff and the way the hospital itself is ran a joke, but so is parking. Seriously, one parking lot that can fit maybe 300 cars and a parking garage across the street for a hospital that has thousands of patients and hundreds of staff.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:36 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• tnm, thats exactly how the parking is where our VA hospital is at.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 10:38 AM on Aug. 14, 2009