blowing off some steam!!!! tricare issues

My fam and I have tricare prime, which I truly hate right now. We moved and since Aug. 5th I've been trying to switch their pcm's to a FL doctor. They kept telling me it was switched and I could call the doctor and make an appt, and the doctor would keep telling me they were still assigned to military doctors. So finally, YESTERDAY, it was updated in the system. My kid got sick Wednesday and I had to take her to urgent care since I can't get her into a doc's office right now. Now, my other kid is getting whatever my older one STILL has. I'm trying to get them both in to the doctor's office today but the f*cking doctor's office is "busy" and everytime I call they want to call back because they still have to verify that the switch was made. I've been waiting since Aug 5th damnit! Now I have 2 sick kids that I'll probably end up having to take back to urgent care. AAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 10:30 AM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Wow, switching our PCMs were easy as pie and immediate. Even when we moved an hour south of my husband's new duty station we have never had trouble.
    I would file a formal complaint with TriCare about both things - Your PCM not being switched quick enough AND your newly selected PCM not being responsive to your needs.
    I'm just hoping that once the creases get ironed out, so to speak, that you won't have to switch PCMs again because this one turns out to be a jerk.
    I hope it all works out for you.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 12:05 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I don't know anything about tricare or the military. That sounds sucky and ridiculous. Perhaps you could look for some home-remedies in the meantime? Best wishes.
    kk_bella

Answer by kk_bella at 11:20 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I am so sorry. I use to be in the military and I never had a problem but I have had friends have tons of problems!!!! It sucks that they can figure out what the heck they are doing. I hope it is figured out and you can take your babies to the dr.
    acjadams

Answer by acjadams at 11:35 AM on Aug. 14, 2009