Family problem--help? About 4 yrs ago the husband of a friend died tragically. This friend was close to my younger brother.

She called my younger brother to let him know the bad news, and he in turn told everyone in our family, save a sister who for whatever reason he chose not to tell (they dont get along). He said he tried emailing her but the email address was not correct. When this sister found out about the death, she told her husband about it, and he became furious with my brother because he had not been told sooner about his being ill (the man died the same day he was taken to the hospital ). He sent my brother a letter cursing him out, calling him an f***** bastar* for being too cheap to call him and let them know. He also insulted another brother's family and my two girls in the letter (called them spolied brats). Both my brothers and me were hurt and never called my sister again. The letter was never discussed although my older sister and an aunt had communicated with her. Now my older sister is saying that the letter should be ignored

Amy1022

Asked by Amy1022 at 10:33 AM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• Too much drama over something like that. Life is too short...kiss and make up. You'll regret it if something ever happens to your sis.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• If the husband were as close as he thought to the deceased and that family, he would have found out sooner than he did.

Death affects everyone differently. It's a long time since the tragedy. Let the deceased memory rest. Give more time and stay away from those who are mean physically, emotionally and in spirit. They lost too and need to deal in their timeframe. jmo I'm sorry for your loss.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• You guys are fighting over something that happened 4 years ago. Life is short. You're family. Make up and move on. The anger/resentment/hurt is such a waste of energy.
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 10:38 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• i'm sure the letter had more to do w/the anger over not being called. someone should have told them. i would have been upset.too. your family needs to try to make up
    ranedare

Answer by ranedare at 11:10 AM on Aug. 14, 2009