Does the carseat base count towards the checked luggage limit? (on airlines)

If I bring my carseat with me on the plane, will I have to check in the base? If so, does the base count towards my "checked luggage" limit?

Fallaya

Asked by Fallaya at 10:43 AM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Travel

• Just attach it to the carseat, if the carseat doesn't count then niether should the base. I would call the airline to make sure. I recently flew JetBlue, and they allow you to take one specialty item per passenger, so for me the carseats were that item. Just call and yoou can ask them (whichever airline your going to use) any questions you need to know. :)
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 10:50 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• If you're taking the carseat on the plane (I assume you bought a seat and are using it) wouldn't you need the base to buckle in the seat? If you don't, and you're checking it, I'm 99% sure you don't have to pay for it, because you don't pay for checked carseats.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 10:54 AM on Aug. 14, 2009