Do you kids follow you in the bathroom?

My kids don't have a problem with following me in the bathroom to pester me about any thing. My youngest brings her tea set and the damn DOG!!! I can't get a break to save my life! What is a mom to do when you can't even shower or take a poo without being interrupted? hahah

Ladybugkisses76

Asked by Ladybugkisses76 at 11:12 AM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• lol. yes! I too haven't pee'd alone in over 10 years since the first dog came along. Now, my son will knock on the door if it's closed, and the dog's will sit outside the door and wait for me! I find i amusing. My son is getting older now, and is beinging to understand the wanting some privacy thing in the bathroom.

I also haven't had a phone conversation since my son was a toddler without someone trying to interupt, or be loud. Seriously, they can be playing quietly, then the phone will ring....
    citymama707

Answer by citymama707 at 12:37 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• my son follows me to the bathroom too! whats bad is when he flushes the potty in the middle of you trying to take care of business. lol
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 11:14 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Well! I have two sons. And the second I would walk in the door from work.... they would follow me into the restroom. Like my own little entourage. They would tell me about their day... compalin about the sibling.. I mean ANYTHING! Like... doesn't it bother them? The good news is, now they are older and stop doing it as much. But when they were younger, I would tell them to "GET OUT! AND GIVE ME SO PEACE!"
    zachandsolsmom

Answer by zachandsolsmom at 11:18 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I have not pee'd alone since 1986!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:18 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Yes, they do. Usually, I let them/ make them because if they are out of my sight for two seconds, they destroy everything. However, there are times when I really just want to have a moment to myself in the bathroom. I put them in a playpin or turn on cartoons. Who cares, it's five minutes.
    kk_bella

Answer by kk_bella at 11:18 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I don't mind this up to a certain point I however think it's also important to teach them respect etc..so when my 12 month crawls/walks in she obviously has no clue what wait a few minutes means so I let her come in or I sneak in while she is buys but if my almost 3 year old comes in I explain I'm going potty i'll be out in a few minutes end of story. It's important to teach them these little things I think it's healthier and helps them later in life as well.

Willywonka06

Answer by Willywonka06 at 11:24 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• my dd does, but i let her cause im potty training and i put her on her potty so she can go potty like a big girl its working. yay!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I don't have any lil kids, but my two dogs follow me in there every single time.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 11:30 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• yes. even if i shut the door. he is almost 3 and he can open the door. no privacy at all!!!
    acjadams

Answer by acjadams at 11:31 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Sometimes I think I get more privacy when I let him in! If I close the door he yells questions about what I'm doing like "are you pooping mummy? Is it really stinky?" I think I'd rather have him in the room than standing outside the door yelling for the neighbors to hear!
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 11:35 AM on Aug. 14, 2009