shallow so called grandpa?

My biological dad wasnt ever in my life-he died when I was 13,once I turned 18 my aunt (real dads sister),kept telling me that I should contact my grandpa(she and my "dad" had different fathers),anyways I kind of dragged my feet about the whole thing-then finally I decided what did i have to lose so I wrote a letter and never got no reply so I figured he didnt care-about a year ago my "grandpas" son found me on myspace(i have no clue how) and told me to email his dad-so i did.In response to the email I sent him about a week later I got a reply telling me I wasnt nothing to him,he didnt have nothing to do with my dad he didnt want me either-and that his wills already made out i wasnt getting a penny of his money(i guess hes some big CEO-which i didnt even know),he just went on and on about how i was nothing to him and he doesnt owe me nothing.I will NEVER talk to him again-I sent one reply telling him how shallow he was,then

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• (cont.)- I blocked his email address! How can somebody be so damn shallow? I just thought he might want to know his family.I wasnt expecting anything,no expectations or regrets,but I just was so pissed off when he implied that I was out for his money,when I didnt even know the asshole hit it big! Some people just irritate the piss out of me-like I told my bf Im better off without him-people like him are too damn dumb to realize that money cant buy everything!! What goes around comes around!! I just wanted to vent a little bit because every once in awhile I still think about it and get pissed off all over again...anybody else have a similiar situation??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I don't have similar experience.....but, I'm sorry to hear that you had to go through this! What a jerk!

I think the greatest gift that becoming a parent give us, is the opportunity to disrupt the cycle and start a new mode of operation for our families! I always tell myself that the horrible things that happened in my life were in fact gifts, so that I may experience the pain and dissappointment in order to better equip my children so they don't have to experience the same.

Also meeting jerks helps me to be more convicted in being the greatest mother and person I can be!

Hope you day is filled with sunshine and love!
    BearlyXen

Answer by BearlyXen at 11:24 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I'm sorry for your sadness and confusion. My mother wants nothing to do with me. She feels I'm a worthless human and woman. I know what it's like to grow up rejected. So many times I thought this lifechange of mine this lifechange of hers would get us together. My sibling in a poor job is her hero, my hopefully soon to be ex who is abusive to me is her other hero. I didn't 'put out enough for my husband sexually or in our home as a hostess, homemaker.

Some people are just bastards or bitches cause of their own egos nothing more at all.
    Now I choose where and when, why, how long to see nasty people. You're worthy. You know that deep in you. Write down all of your many accomplishments - teensy tiny in childhood and on into adulthood. Look at yourself. You're beautiful and you're good. You're worthy of life.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• My father left my mom when I was 9 months and my step-dad stepped in when I was 1 years old. Then My father found me some how when I was 5 years old. He was around for a year in a half then left. When I was 12 he came back and stay again for only a year and this time he gave me some numbers to reach him. We stayed in contact for 6 month then the number got disconnected. I had my 1st son when I was 16 years old and he calls my step father grandpa I just had my 2nd in January and my step father loves my kids like there his "real grand kids" anyways.

Little more then a Month ago 7 years later my father found me once AGAIN! and this time he has a wife and kids. I talked to him one time on the phone and that was it. I talk to his wife more then I I talk to him. He told me he misses me and blah blah...The point of my story is that some people are not cut out to be parents.
    effie777

Answer by effie777 at 11:41 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I'm REALLY CURIOUS as to WHY , your mean uncle would have you TRY to talk to ' grumpa' .
    Did he know you werent in the will and wanted to rub it in? Or is he trying to get in the will? Either way, You havent lost anything. As you know already, sometimes Genetics are really no connection. HAVE A GREAT DAY AND SMILE AT YOUR CHILDREN.
    memoi-i

Answer by memoi-i at 12:04 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Unless he mentions you in the will by name and says he leaves nothing to you, in some states, he DOES owe you something. You have a right to inherit from the shallow bast*rd. However, if he does make the statement using your name and says he chooses to leave nothing to you then it's a done deal. On the bright side, you are your own person. He can never say he made you what you are so succeed in life and be proud that you did it all on your own. Maybe he'll choke on his anger. Karma will get his ass. Just forgive him for being such a jerk (to protect your own karma) and enjoy your life without the Shallow Hal.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:15 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• It's sad that he reacted that way. I'm not defending him, but money is a blessing and a curse. He's likely had people claim to be his grandchildren or women claiming to have his granchildren hoping to get some money etc. It's sad that it's this way. I found out in the most undispicable way just how people you never suspected will sink to new levels when it comes to a dollar. While my Mom was in her last few days of life, someone came in her room and had the gall to look thru her purse and steal her money (I knew how much was in there because I had to purchase whatever she needed). I didn't care about the money, I'd have given it, but how can you steal from a dying person? My point is... this guy likely has been burned before and I have no idea what you said to him but I'd have said "your son told me to contact you". I want to be able to recognize you if I see you on the street so I can go to the other side now.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 12:53 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Thanks for all the response! I know I don't NEED him,or any of his family-I have plenty of my own family! I have a real father (my mom married when I was 6),and he has always raised me as his own.When I contacted the jerk I was nice-I explained who I was,and told him that since my biological dad died I thought maybe he would be interested in knowing that he had 3 more grandkids(myself and 2 1/2 siblings from my real dad),plus a great grandchild! I made it well known that my only intention of the letter was to inform him that I was out there,and I told him if he wanted to talk or know more just to write back.Im sure alot of it is because he choose to try and forget my biological father and move on with his new life&new wife and kids and all-I don't know how anybody could walk out on there own flesh&blood-my son is my heart&soul! I cant stand even the thought of ever being away from him! I may not have abunch of money,and I may
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:22 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• cont.)- have to work hard for the things I do have,but I know 100% that I'm alot better person than he's shallow ass will ever be!! Money doesnt buy TRUE happiness! There was a point in life where I thought I didnt amount to much,but now I can see how wrong I was.I'm in a great relationship,ive been with my BF over 5 years now,we have the most amazing 3 year old son together that makes every day worth living,and I know I'm complete! Its not the fact of that bastards money that pisses me off-I could careless if he was a bum living in the park,It just pissed me off that someone that dont know me from adam would make such a shallow accusation of me being after his dirty money...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:26 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Well, first I would figure out why you uncle wanted you to contact your grandpa. I would also send your grandpa a letter stating that you had no clue about who he was and had wanting to get to know him, but if he is still so stuck on something that his dead son did or didn't do then you are sorry that this has to keep you apart from his family. Then just leave it open for him to reply. If he sends you another letter and it starts the same way just don't bother reading it all, but you never know something might change his mind and you might learn something that could at least help you to understand why he acted the way he did...
    ramita

Answer by ramita at 1:27 PM on Aug. 14, 2009