Is there an easy way to clean mini blinds

I am just wondering how other women clean their mini blinds because my blinds are dust magnets and it gets on my nerves to always have to vacuum them because that takes too much time. Also my daughter and I both have allergies and I need to keep my home as dust free as possible. So any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

psurmont

Asked by psurmont at 11:19 AM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I fill the tub up a little. Then put the blinds in there to soak. Then I hose them off with the hose in my shower. Getys them clean.

Answer by louise2 at 11:31 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I was going to say the same thing as louise2. We take ours down and put them in the tub with some hot water and cleaning solution (you could use vinegar, you could use bleach but only on white ones! because it will bleach out the strings!...whatever you use) then just rinse them off and presto! They are beautiful!
    SecretSuzy

Answer by SecretSuzy at 11:42 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Get a swiffer duster.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 12:07 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• If your blinds get that stuck on dust like mine do sometimes, add a little dishwashing liquid to the water in the tub and let them soak for about an hour then spray them off and let them dry before hanging them back up. Also I've heard that if you wipe down dry blinds with a used dryer sheet, it will help repel dust. I haven't tried that.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:29 PM on Aug. 14, 2009