How early do you start Christmas or Birthday shopping for the kids?

It's coming close and DD b-day is only 2 days before and I've kind began rough drafting her little party. So I was just wondering how far out you plan these kinda things?

amommy2a2yrold

Asked by amommy2a2yrold at 11:24 AM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Holidays

• I buy christmas anytime i can get good deals like i just bought over $250 worth of toys for my neices and nephews for $60 all the toys were 75% off I got so much stuff.....birthdays my little girls birthday is next week i have been planning it for 3 months or so
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Christmas is half done with in 2 weeks after Christmas! Birthday's usually get done about the same time.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 11:36 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I am anal.....here is my time line I start Christmas shopping the day after school starts (or close to it)
    After Christmas I start planning the b-day party and doing the shopping for that. (both of my sons b-days are in April DH in June)
    I start school clothes shopping the first day of summer break.
    I start planning the halloween costume in July ( I make my kids costumes, have a pic of his Mr Potato head costume on my home page I am quite proud of it...lol)
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 11:40 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I do christmas shopping all through the year! I love after holiday sales.
    colesmommy2009

Answer by colesmommy2009 at 11:57 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I'll start in November this year because I'm planning to buy a minivan in october, and plan my niece's 4th birthday at Chuck e cheese. I feel this is enough for me to do in october as far as spending money. I will buy everything they need on "Black friday" where they may be great sales. I'm planning on buying their coats and boots online, I find better sales on some of these department store's websites. I can't wait, did you guys know we only have 130 days left until Christmas?
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 11:44 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• our gs's b-day is 2 weeks after Christimas, so while planning all of the upcoming holidays I throw in his b-day too...
    All the invitations are bought before Halloween, and sent out several days after the new yr.
    As for Christmas those plans are already in the works...what I am making how many dinner parties I am having, gifts, decoratinng etc...
    As for our gs's gifts he hasn't given us any ideas yet so we haven't started shopping yet....
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 7:09 PM on Aug. 16, 2009