Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

if you run an at home day care...

are you allowed to have your boyfriend (who is out on parole) come hang out at your house all day while you watch the kids?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

Answers (8)
  • Probably depends why he was on parole.. and if you're licensed or not..

    If it wasn't a crime against children and you're not controlled by the state (not licensed) then I don't see how you wouldn't be allowed.

    I wouldn't want my kid there, wouldn't want my daughter's provider to be distracted by her boyfriend every day. Now when my daughter's daycare provider's husband is off, he hangs out with the kids, and my daughter adores him, especially when her daddy's out to sea.

    Answer by toriandgrace at 11:32 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

  • she is licensed and he did not commit a crime agains children but it was a violent offense

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

  • If you are licensed then no he can NOT be there.


    Answer by Harley84 at 11:47 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

  • If I were the parent paying you for services, I wouldn't want some strange man I've never met anywhere near my children, especially someone who has been in jail.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

  • If you are licensed, than NO. If you are not licensed, i hope you have to good sense to know better. According to the rules of some states (i can only speak to the ones i know), any person who spends "considerable amount of time" (at the discretion of the licenser) or any substitute cargiver (even if he watches them for 2 minutes that you are in the toilet), has to be registered with the licenseing dept.

    then, the licensing dept. has the ruling as to whether or not this person is allowed to be on the property. In my state, any crime against children, or violent crime, the person is not allowed.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:06 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

  • technically, boyfriend (out on parole or regular citizen) has to be registered with the dept. if they are there for more than about one to wo hours a day.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

  • I've done home day care in the past, and no, you can't have your boyfreind come hang out, especially if he has a voilent criminal record.

    Parents who bring their kids have the right (and the daycare should have the respect and honesty) to disclose anyone who could have acess to their children.

    Answer by citymama707 at 12:13 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

  • I'd be beyond pissed if I found out my child's babysitter was having her bf who was on parole hanging around with my kids. She should be more focused on watching the kids than having her criminal boyfriend hanging around in the first place. Also any licensed daycare as others have stated has to disclose the criminal history of those who will be around the children. It's incredibly irresponsible to have someone who just got out of jail around someone else's children.

    Answer by KalebsMommee at 12:29 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.