How about a woman coaching a HS boys team? Is that a good thing or bad thing?

cutebaby06

Asked by cutebaby06 at 11:27 AM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• I don't see how it matters.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 11:29 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• It is an indifferent thing. My high school had a female boy's lacrosse and soccer team coach (she coached both).
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 11:29 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• If she knows her stuff and is a good coach then it is a good thing. I have had male and female coaches for all girl teams.......why would her being a woman matter????
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 11:32 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• don't see how it matters

I was asking this n reference to the previous post about the mom whose husband wanted to coach a HS girls tennis team.
    cutebaby06

Answer by cutebaby06 at 11:33 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• It doesn't matter to me as long as both are discret in the locker room.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 11:35 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Why is that a bad thing?
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 11:36 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• So that proves my point,it seems to be ok for a woman to coach HS boys,but not for a man to coach HS girls. A woman is just as cabable of abusing HS boys as a man is with HS girls.There was a case not too far from me,where a 30-some y/o woman had an affair with a 15 y/o boy.She was a coach.
    cutebaby06

Answer by cutebaby06 at 11:46 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• How is that any different than a man coaching a girls team? I had plenty of male sports coaches growing up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Only if she's a lesbian or enough self esteem that she wouldn't give in to the advances and attention of young men. We had 2 female coaches here in FL who were just arrested for having sex with students. I admit they were not coaching boys but seeing them all hot and sweaty and half naked must have done something to these women (not to mention they must have low self esteem) bc they would have these boys come to their house and have at it!

Answer by admckenzie at 12:07 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• admckenzie,thank you,that was so the point I was trying to make it does'nt matter whether it's a male or female coaching your kids,both can be turned on by HS kids.The postts about not wanting a malle to coach their HS juust p$$ me off.
    cutebaby06

Answer by cutebaby06 at 12:15 PM on Aug. 14, 2009