Birthday party

My little girl just started pre k she is having her birthday august 22. I am inviting all the kids in her class should I invite the teacher too she just started this school on the 10. I am new to this and don't know if to invite the teachers?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• No.. I mean I wouldn't..
    MoMMy2TwiNs07

Answer by MoMMy2TwiNs07 at 11:39 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• i dont invite teachers. Dont want them to feel obligated.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:50 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• typically I dont...My oldest did once w.out me knowing...was kinda weird when she showed up the kids were looking to her for direction---hehe.

bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 11:51 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• No you don't have to. (It would just be your personal preference)
    grandmasix

Answer by grandmasix at 12:16 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• nope
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 12:18 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• lol @ bumblebee... that is kinda cute ..
    Personally no i would not invite the teacher. If teachers go to 1 bday party then they would have to go to all or most of their kids bday parties! I would personally count that as overtime! lol...
    Maybe you could call the teacher & ask if you could have a mini-party at school & bring cupcakes for everyone to eat so the teacher can be "there"....
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 12:19 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• one time my dd in pre-k went around with a sign up sheet and had people write their names if tehy wanted an invitation to her SLEEPOVER (we werent having a sleepover) but the lunchlady signed up. We invited her to the party and she came all the kids were so excited!!!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:32 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I never have invited a teacher. I wouldn't want a teacher to feel obligated to my child outside of the classroom. Plus, I figure they spend so much time with little kids, they deserve a break when they aren't working!!

My DD did attend a party where a teacher was invited & was there. But in that case, the teacher was a good friend of the birthday child's family & the friendship had predated the student/teacher relationship. So I probably wouldn't invite the teacher unless you are already friends or unless you are going to have a lot of adults there & not just children.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 5:19 AM on Aug. 15, 2009