How can i get my 2 yr. old to stop it with the acting out like she is the baby?

I have three kids and excepting another i don't want to have to fight with my daughter about her behavior. This only happens when she can't get her way, or when i am picking her up from school. It is hard for me to wipe my kids because i feel that it is a different way to solving the problem. I will admit that sometimes when i feel over the top i do hit her but she doesn't react the way i would expect. It doesn't faze her a bit. For the most part she is a great kid jus the this two yr stage!!!!

NIECYGURL4

Asked by NIECYGURL4 at 11:39 AM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I don't know.. I'm in the same boat as you.. when you figure it out let me know.. lol good luck!
    MoMMy2TwiNs07

Answer by MoMMy2TwiNs07 at 11:41 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Well, being 2 years old and the 3rd of 3 children, she IS a/the baby!!! I'm not sure what you expect of her, how did you deal with your other two children when they were 2 years old?!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 11:43 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• The two year old is still a baby mentally in her head. That age can't be reasoned with hardly ever. Sorry for your troubles. Can you or someone take her out or aside for alone time for herself without siblings around? We were lucky to have almost four years between kids to have one in diapers at time between our three. maybe wear earplugs? put dd in a gym class to release energy? Good Luck Momma and Blessings on new baby!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• She is a baby. Since she's not your first you should already know that a 2 yo can be a lot more difficult to "deal with" than an infant. She's trying to be independent and get her way, and it's up to you to set the limits and stick to them. You shouldn't be "fighting" with a 2 yo or "hitting" her either (spanking maybe, but NOT juts because you are "feeling over the top"). Try dealing with her however you dealt with your others at that age, and if that isn't working try taking a parenting class to get some new ideas. You can't let yourself get irritated to the point of hitting her just because you now have several kids to deal with. Try to get a grip before the new baby come. Good luck with all your babies.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Dont hit her when you are over the top. Pop her bottom when she starts acting out. Put her in her in her room for acting out. Just dont put up with her temper tantrums.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 11:59 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• She is in the terrible two as they say. I have my to yr old granddaughter but very very firm with her when I say no and when she is acting out. Sometimes I just make her sit down for a fe minutes and then talk with her to help her understand. (even at two) In the public I'm still very firm with her. I don't hit her when I angry. YOU MUST BE VERY FIRM AND STAND YOUR GROUND WITH HER even at two they're very smart.
    grandmasix

Answer by grandmasix at 12:15 PM on Aug. 14, 2009